Pages

Monday, March 28, 2016

The Museum of Glass


Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I went on a really great date recently and I just have to tell about it!  Growing up I had always been fascinated by watching people blow glass and create beautiful art from molten glass on television.  For Valentine’s Day I was able to go see a famous Italian artist work in the hot shop at the glass museum in Tacoma.  I was mesmerized by the process and couldn’t comprehend the end from the beginning.  I think this is true in marriage.  Sometimes we can feel like we don’t know what we got ourselves into.  We may not know how things will look 10 or 20 years from now, but we do know with careful and constant care not only can we survive the heat, but it helps mold our marriage into a masterpiece.
I was also able to spend some time wandering the exhibits and take a class where I was able to make a small work of art- a heart that was decorated and then put in the kiln to bind the pieces together.  It is the experiences we go through together that help us fall in love.
If you end up getting hungry, I suggest a really great restaurant across the street called Indochine.

No comments:

Post a Comment