Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Café Rio

One of my favorite places to eat is Café Rio.  I was first introduced to it when I lived in Utah.  For many years it has been a special treat when I’ve gone back to visit.  This year we had two locations open in WA!  (Lynwood and Kent).  Even just thinking about the lime cilantro dressing and sweet pork makes my mouth water!  While I can’t imagine getting anything but the pork, my best friend always gets the chicken.  And I can’t fathom not getting guacamole, but my sister hates the stuff.  That’s the beauty of being able to custom order food.  If everyone ended up getting the same exact thing, that would defeat the purpose of being able to order the way we like it.

Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net
However, don’t we do this with our marriage relationships sometimes?  We see other people’s spouses and wish our significant other were more like them.  We compare what we don’t have with what other people have and we want.  It is good to take time to focus and appreciate the things we have instead of what we lack.  We need to realize we are all different and customized by how we were raised, our experiences, and the choices we make.  We need to learn to love and appreciate the things that make us unique.  Find reasons to love the relationship that you do have without dwelling on the things that you don’t.  We all bring different things to the table and learn to work together with the tools we have to create something beautiful.


Go out tonight and pick a place where you can customize your meal.  While you eat, take some time to reflect on the things that you noticed about your spouse when you first met and fell in love.  You married them for a reason, now take time to remember why.

No comments:

Post a Comment