Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2016

School Performances and Sports Events

Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net
A great way to support the community and go on a fun date is to attend a concert, sports event, or theatre show at a local school, church, or community center.  Oftentimes these events are free or little cost to attendees.  I did gymnastics in high school, and a few years ago I was invited to go on a date to a meet at a high school my friend coached at.  It was such a fun night!  I really wanted to get on the balance beam and do a tuck jump!  It was fun to support the kids and reminisce about our school days.  Just last weekend I attended at free talent show (that some of my friends were in) and had a great time watching people sing, play guitar, harmonica, and even the digeridoo.  I appreciate people sharing their talent and being vulnerable.

This morning I read about a study on the health benefits of holding hands.  Happily married women were introduced to stressful situations (being shocked) and their response and brain activity was monitored by an MRI machine.  The results showed that when they held hands with their husband the brain activity in the stress response areas of the brain significantly decreased.  The study concluded, “If happy couples do more hand-holding, and hand-holding reduces stress, and less stress leads to better health, then it can only be assumed that happy marriages lead to better health… Just squeeze a little squeeze into your daily routine… it’s good for your relationship and your health.”

Pick an event to attend together and strengthen your marriage by holding hands.  Share your experience in the comments section below.  I’d love to hear what you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment