Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

At Home Spa Night

I don’t know about you, but stress brings out some of the worst in me.  I become irritable and honestly, not a very pleasant person to be around.  My ability to be a kind, rational person seems to go out the window.  I had a moment last night on my way home from work where my stress reached critical mass.  I was on the phone with a friend and the more they tried to help the stressful situation I was trying to fix, the more I got angry and annoyed.  It was at the point that nothing they said was going to change or help anything.  I didn’t want to be around people and I needed a break.  I just wanted to go home, turn out the lights, and call it a day.
We’ve all have times where stress has surmounted and wreaks havoc on our relationships with our spouse or loved ones.  One way I have personally found that helps me remedy stress and anxiety is to take a time out and do something for myself.  A little bit of pampering can really help settle my feelings and bring me back to reality.  Sometimes a night in is just what we need.  Doing it together with your spouse is even better!
Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I’ve included two recipes (one for a facial and one for a foot soak) with items you probably already have at hand.  Feel free to make the evening as elaborate as you’d like, but I prefer to keep it simple.


Face Mask: Honey and Cinnamon (optional).  Honey is great for your skin!  It is moisturizing, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and has antioxidants.  The added cinnamon in this recipe has healing properties and brings blood and oxygen up to the outer layers of the skin.  The ratio for this recipe is about 3 parts honey to 1 part cinnamon.  Apply the mask and leave on for 20 minutes.  Rinse with warm water.


Foot Scrub: Listerine and Vinegar.  I know this recipe sounds weird, but trust me!  Add about ¼ cup of Listerine and ¼ cup of vinegar (I suggest apple cider vinegar) to some water and soak your feet for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment