Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Practice Empathy

Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net
This morning I was thinking about how thankful I am that I have people in my life who are able to look past my behavior and know my heart.  There is often times a gap between where I want to be and my ability to be that person (at least right now).  I know that when people are able to see my potential as opposed to the little things I do wrong throughout the day, it allows me the room to feel confident in myself and gives me the strength to keep trying to improve.  Spouses can be our biggest cheerleaders in helping us feel valued and capable.


When was the last time you decided not to get upset when your spouse made a mistake?  Instead of anger or frustration, meet them with empathy and understanding.  Most of the time they already know they’ve messed up and pointing it out only makes them feel worse.  In some cases, you might be able to offer assistance and help fix things.  Marriage is about teamwork and that means working together even when one of the members of the team fumbles the ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment